Monday, July 24, 2006

Update and next step

It's been awhile since I've posted here, but that is because I've been busy working, so that's a good thing. Here's what's been happening:

I was able to work things out with the Portland Children's Museum and am appearing there every Saturday through the end of August. I do two shows a day (10am and 12pm) and they have been very popular. The theater fills up every time.

I've gotten the show pretty well set now, though I did have some trouble getting some of the props I needed. Now it is just a matter of honing everything to be fast paced and surprising.

I've been sending out a lot of press releases about this show, but haven't had a lot of luck getting into print. A new batch went out today and hopefully, I'll get something from them. I highlighted the fact that I am from a particular Portland suburb.

I've also designed some marketing material (postcards, flyers and such) for the birthday shows. I've been getting a few bookings from them, but things have been a little slow.

My next step is to start finalizing the comedy show. I have a performance on August 19th where I will premire it. I want it rehearsed to be very fast paced and wacky. It is a little more high-energy than I am used to, but since I look pretty slow and thoughtful, the hecticness of the character could be very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home