Monday, June 12, 2006

Show this weekend

I did a fund-raising party for the Lance Armstrong LiveStrong fund on Saturday. I did my standard show, but added a couple of kid's pieces in anticipation of the Children's Museum this weekend. I also spent some time making balloon animals for the kids. (This is new stuff to me and was the first time I did it at a party. I told the first kid that I could make a dog, a sword, a flower or a funny hat. He wanted an aligator! When I told him I didn't know how to make one, her asked for two inflated balloons and he would make his own. He never did make an aligator, but he did have fun with those two balloons for quite a while.)

The show went pretty well and I got quite a few laughs, but I still don't feel like I'm giving a complete show. The structure doesn't build to a climax. This is something I need to work on.

The shows this weekend will only be about 25 minutes each, so I will try to give the set a definite structure if for no other reason than to boost my confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home