Friday, May 05, 2006

A split personality

I have a problem. There are really two sides to my magic business. One one side is my goal - to make a good living wage performing for adult audiences at good venues. I want to travel and have a theater-quality entertainment that people look forward to experiencing. On the other side is making some money while I work this dream out. This makes me feel like I am fighting a split personality.

If you have noticed, I have two web addresses for my business:

www.smallmiraclesentertainment.com and www.birthdaymagic.smallmiraclesentertainment.com

The first is the site for my higher valued shows. These are the shows I am most proud of and the shows I would most like to perform. However, they are also the most expensive and in my mind, the most difficult to book. I'm not really clear exactly who buys these types of shows on a regular basis and where they would be performed. Consiquently, I'm a bit intimidated by them.

The second site advertises the "easy to book" show. Kid's birthday parties. Even though these are only $80 shows, they are easiest to perform, easiest to book and the most comfortable for me to work with. In other words, I can immediately see results by performing these kid's shows.

Today, for example, I contacted a couple of kid's venues and offered my services for shows on a regular basis. This was easy. I've also spend a few days working on getting my sites posted on Google and advertised with Adwords.

The problem is this: I don't want to shy away from my real goal by sliding down the easy road, but I also want to spend as much time performing as possible.

I'm not sure sure how all this will work out, but for now, I'll just keep plugging away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home