Monday, June 19, 2006

Children's Museum Sucess

The shows at the Children's Museum were a huge success. When I arrived, I was worried. The museum did not seem very busy and the puppeteer who had the theater before me only had a few very young children in her show. To make things worse, about 10 minutes before the first show, I tripped over the power chord to my stereo and it crashed to the floor, breaking into pieces! For a while I thought I would have no sound for the show which meant that three of my routines couldn't be done, but at the last minute I was able to get the music started again and was ready to work.

The first show filled up quickly and the audience was very enthusiastic. I ran a little long and then offered to make balloon animals for any of the kids who may want one. Every kid did and I barely was able to set up for the second show. I had the doors to the theater closed and spend about 5 minutes getting set up. When the doors were opened there was a long line waiting to get in and we had to make extra seating space to fit everyone in. The second show went very well and afterwards I was again mobbed to answer questions and make balloon animals.

The third show was exactly the same. I was told aftert he shows that this was the most popular show they ever had in the theater and hoped I would perform again at another time. Since my intention is to have a permenant place to perform, I think these shows were very helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home